Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Getting Rid Of Fleas On Dogs



I hate fleas more than anything they are so annoying and bothersome. Sometimes I just sit there and think about how disgusting they really are. They can take over your dogs skin and hair and it is just a nightmare. It seems to happen a lot more in the winter time for me and my dogs. I am not sure if this is the same for every dog. They seem to get them so bad that sometimes they bite their skin until it bleeds. Do You need to avoid this in the future? Ff course you do, for some reason its almost impossible. I have tried so many things in the past and nothing really seems to make a difference. You might even consider trying certain flea medications that cost hundreds of dollars. I have heard from a few people that those do not always work either. The only way that you can truly get rid of fleas is to shave off all of their hair. I know this sounds drastic but its the only way to know for sure. However if you really want to try new things you can always go with a few natural remedies. Now, I want to warn you, natural remedies are not for everybody. Some people do not take too kindly to natural medicine. Most people think it is all hocus pocus but I know from experience that these remedies work pretty well. I am going to share with you what I used for fleas when my dogs had them really bad.

1. Apple Cider Vinegar
For dog fleas just wash your dogs twice a day with apple cider vinegar. Not only will it get rid of the fleas but it will also prevent them from coming back. The fleas hate the apple cider vinegar and it turns them away from the dogs skin and hair.

2. Extra Baths
Taking an extra bath every week will help get rid of fleas more. You can also use flea combs and comb them out while in the bath. It is the best way to manually treat fleas on dogs. It takes a long time but I am telling you it is one of the more effective ways. The only bad thing is that fleas can live on any surface really. So they could be on your furniture and latch onto your dog after a bath. Even if you get rid of the fleas for good they will probably come back.

3.Vinegar
It has been shown that vinegar is proven to get rid of fleas on furniture and dogs. Try getting a spray bottle and filling it with half water and half vinegar. You can spray this anywhere that you think the fleas might be. It is non toxic and healthy for your dogs skin as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment